Your credit card will be charged with 50% of the total amount of the package at the time of booking to confirm your booking. The other 50% of the total amount will be charged 30 days prior to arrival.
>90 days before arrival – 100% refund
31-90 days before arrival – 60% refund
<30 days before arrival – No refund given.
* $100- Administration fee will be applied to all refunds/cancellations.
If you book any activity with us and you choose not to go out on the boat for any reason or utilize all of your dive or snorkel excursions, or kiteboarding lessons, we do not offer a refund on the unused portion of your activity.
Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions Itza Lodge (LCLR Ltd) All bookings made by customers in respect of rooms at Itza Lodge are accepted Long Caye Lighthouse Reef Ltd. (hereafter called Itza Lodge) upon the following terms and conditions.
1. DEFINITIONS – “Itza Lodge", "We" and "us" means LCLR Ltd. The "Client" and "You" means the person named as the Customer (and any parties associated with the customer/client) on the Quotation and booking and who is the organizing body/company and organizer responsible for commissioning of any payment for the event. The "Quotation" means the quotation prepared by Itza Lodge of the terms upon which the Client wishes to make a booking for the event. The "Event" means the event to take place as specified on the Quotation. The "Contract" means the agreement between Itza Lodge and the Client for the accommodation, catering and other services for the event constituted by Itza Lodge countersigning the Quotation signed by the Client. "Booking" means the reservation of the accommodation, catering and other facilities described in the Quotation. "Specified Date" means the date mentioned in the Quotation as the planned date for the Event or such other date as may have been agreed (subject to conditions) in writing by us.
2. TERMS OF CONTRACT - The Contract is deemed to incorporate the Quotation and these Conditions. No variation of these Conditions or of the Quotation (save as provided) in these Conditions shall be binding upon Itza Lodge unless the same is in writing and signed by a Director of Itza Lodge.
3. CHARGES AND PAYMENTS - Full payment is due on acceptance of booking. Full payment of incidentals and items purchased at Itza Resort such as added scuba diving, snorkeling, kiteboarding, rental gear, gift shop purchases, bar tab and other non-included beverages, and gratuities are due in full upon check-out. Payment must be made in US$, payable Itza Lodge. Visa, Mastercard, and cash is accepted. In the event of payment becoming overdue, interest at Bank Base rate, as at the date of invoice, will be added to the account of the client.
4. PAYMENT– Payment in full is required to confirm the booking.
5. CONFIRMATION BY THE CLIENT - Final timings, menus and any special requests must be confirmed to Itza Lodge at least 1 month prior to Specified Date.
6. AMENDMENTS BY THE CLIENT - Amendments to guest numbers and/or arrangements must be confirmed to Itza Lodge in writing. No changes will be accepted after 10 day prior to the event. Reductions in the duration or contracted value of the booking shall be subject to the Itza Lodge’s cancellation policy.
7. CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT - In the unfortunate circumstances that you have to cancel or wish to postpone your confirmed booking at any time prior to the event, our “Reservation Policy” is as follows >90 days before arrival – 100% refund of monies*, 31 – 90 days before arrival – 50% refund of monies*, <30 days before arrival – No refund available. *US$100- Administration fee applies to all refunds/cancellations/changes.
8. AMENDMENTS OR CANCELLATION BY ITZA LODGE - We do not accept liability or pay compensation for any loss, damage or expense where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations is prevented or affected by reason of force majeure. Force Majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the service could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid such as war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of airports or ports, technical problems with transport, governmental action and all other similar events. Though when a hurricane occurs we will offer you the possibility to reschedule your holiday without extra costs.
9. ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE - When you use the Itza Lodge’s transportation from Belize city to the Long Caye, you will depart at 2pm from Belize City on the day of arrival and arrive around 4pm on Long Caye and you will depart at 8am from Long Caye on the day of departure and arrive around 10am in Belize City. These times can be subject of changedue to weather conditions or any other circumstances. These times can also change and different times can be agreed upon in writing. In the event that you have alternate transportation, the guestroom accommodation is available from 3pm on the day of arrival, and must be vacated by 12pm on the day of departure, unless specific alternative arrangements have been made.
10. GENERAL – Itza Lodge reserves the right to approve any externally sourced entertainment, services or activities that you have arranged and cannot accept liability for any resultant cost. Should any of your delegates be unable to correct any aspect or activities unacceptable to Itza Lodge, Itza Lodge reserves the right to terminate your stay. Should this occur, no monies will be refunded to you. The Manager’s decision is final. The cost of repairing any damage caused to property, contents, or grounds by you or any of your guests must be reimbursed to Itza Lodge by the Client. Itza Lodge will not be liable for any failure to provide or delay in providing facilities, services, food or beverages as a result of events or matters outside its control. Itza Lodge’s name/logo may be used in publicity, once a proof of the promotional material has been agreed by Itza Lodge. The Client is responsible for ensuring that any band, musician, or other entertainment employed by them compiles with statutory requirements and the requirements of the management. Itza Lodge must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations, and require the client to fulfill their obligations in this respect. We are concerned for your health and safety and that of Itza Lodge and it’s guests. You are required to obtain prior written approval if you wish to affix items to the walls, floors or ceilings. Prices quoted do not include taxes.
11. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY – Itza Lodge’s quotation is made on the basis that the client will or has the opportunity to insure against: a) Cancellation, abandonment or postponement of the event at a premium to cover the anticipated income to Itza Lodge from the event. b) The non-appearance of speakers or delegates, property damage at or to the venue or its contents, third party bodily injury and third party damage. Itza Lodge does not accept liability for these risks and will look to the Client to make good any losses to Itza Lodge arising from them in accordance with these Conditions. c) Safety and assumption of risk in activities - kayaking, bicycling, walking, snorkeling, Scuba diving, swimming and other various activities on and around Long Caye and Itza Lodge are entered into at the client’s own risk. The client understands that these activities are inherently dangerous. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the activities offered at Itza Lodge the client hereby agrees to release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Itza Lodge, it’s owners, agents, employees, volunteers, or rescue personnel as well as any equipment manufacturers and distributors involved with the participation in above activities. THE CLIENT HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO ITS TERMS, AND THE ACT OF BOOKING ACTS AS ACCEPTANCE.
12. EMERGENCY EVACUATION – The client acknowledges that they are aware that Itza Lodge is located at a remote location and evacuation in case of emergency may be expensive. Itza has an emergency evacuation plan in case you need to be transported to the hospital in Belize City or the hyperbaric chamber in San Pedro. The cost of any emergency evacuation will be billed to the client. We strongly suggest trip insurance and/or divers/snorkelers insurance. Visit DAN America (US/Can.), DAN Europe, DAN Pacific/Australia, or Traveller EMS (for citizens of central and South America) for insurance options. There are other companies available for insurance. Make travelers insurance coverage before making your trip. We recommend trip insurance to cover trip cancellation, trip delay, lost luggage, luggage delay, and medical coverage for all water activities.
13. CURRENT CONDITIONS - The conditions above supersede all previous terms and conditions issued by Itza Lodge and apply to all bookings.
14. CHILDREN - Client warrants that the age of said child booked as a child rate is under 10 years at the time of arrival to Itza Lodge. Itza Lodge reserves the right to inspect the passport and identification papers of said child to confirm the age.
15. GRATUITIES - A 10% service charge on room, dining, and bar charges will be added to your invoices upon billing. This service charge is dispensed in an equal share to our dining room, bar, housekeeping, kitchen and maintenance crew as gratuities/tips. Since you are being charged a service charge on your invoice, there is no need to leave a tip for the hotel staff. However, if you feel they did an exceptional job, please feel free to leave something extra if you wish.